Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Want out of the rat race that's low paying ( not enough to live on) entry level jobs
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Reverie101
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by exceptionalfool View Post
I work jobs with 6 days a week + OT just to make 700$ a week. It sucks. You get 4 days a month to live your life. I was looking for a way out, but now I don't care. I just waste time on my days off anyway.

Have you looked into applying for a role within a government bureaucracy? Once you get in, those jobs probably require the least amount of hours for the most moolah. Maybe a custodian at a community college or university? State universities sometimes have a pool of part-time temp employees for grounds keeping and such, which could be a way in.

How about picking up a trade and joining a union?
For a trade i was thinking of OTA ( occupational therapy assistant) but getting in is hard gpa is kinda low... for 2.0 colleges id have to go out of state... idk but i wonder how id make it in a different state...which is where phlebotomy certificate comes in but i just dont want to waste money on a certificate i cant use because im too squeamish..

hmm..as much as id hate it idk was thinking of maybe being an art teacher lmao... uhg
but yeah im gonna research gvernment jobs and trades.

i have found some jobs like mail clerk,scheduling center dispatcher...ect
so well see where this goes. wish me luck.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome