Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Want out of the rat race that's low paying ( not enough to live on) entry level jobs
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Paper Samurai
Optimism Prime~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverie101 View Post
I really want to kick myself...instead of listening to my mom about going into the medical field...I could have already been an animator making good money to sustain myself. * Heavy Sigh*

I just don't know what to do now.
I'm not too sure about the animator idea tbh, I know two people (one of whom was my brother) who were into 3D animation and had to move to a different career after a couple of years.

There's very little job security, tons of over time and the pay isn't that great, at least not compared to most technical jobs. My brother instead went into software testing/web development and he says it's the best decision he's ever made.

You mentioned being an Art teacher in this thread I noticed, that's not too bad from what I've heard. You can improve your voice and how you come across to other people as well, it is something you can fix, so don't worry too much about that part and just go for it I say.

slow progress is still progress.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome