New Weight Loss Support Thread - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 678 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Tired

Language: English

New Weight Loss Support Thread

Just starting this one quickly so I don't forget. Will probably edit in a bunch of info here (will reserve second post too).

This won't be a competition, just a place people can post their losses, and we can talk about strategies, offer support, and just generally discuss anything re weight loss (and maintaining weight).

Am currently at around 210lbs. I will do a body fat caliper test later on. I will be calorie logging as always (this really is the only way I can lose). A slight dampener for me is that I prefer to lose with minimal exercise, but am forced into it atm because I am also trying to rehab my neck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 678 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Tired

Reserved in case.
post #3 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Tired

Day 1,

Weight:210lbs

post #4 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Lonely
Happy to say that I fit into two suits and a sport coat I had in storage and now have some business casual pants that also work. No shopping needed for my business trip next week.

Soon, I'll fit into my tuxedo. Now I just need a black tie event to go to.

And I started week 3 of C25K today. Moving along.
post #5 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
Happy to say that I fit into two suits and a sport coat I had in storage and now have some business casual pants that also work. No shopping needed for my business trip next week.

Awesome mate

I have actually been pretty good so far since starting this. Calories under 2.5k days on walking days and 3k on weights days. No idea what my maintenance is at this level of exercise though, but now I am logging I should find out in a couple of weeks.

I want to buy a new set of clothes (something smarter) but need to shed some lbs so I can fit into something reasonable (or wear tigher clothes and be able to actually tuck the *******s in without feeling self conscious about my lower stomach. Got a feeling this time the fat is coming off .
post #6 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidbob View Post
Awesome mate

I have actually been pretty good so far since starting this. Calories under 2.5k days on walking days and 3k on weights days. No idea what my maintenance is at this level of exercise though, but now I am logging I should find out in a couple of weeks.

I want to buy a new set of clothes (something smarter) but need to shed some lbs so I can fit into something reasonable (or wear tigher clothes and be able to actually tuck the *******s in without feeling self conscious about my lower stomach. Got a feeling this time the fat is coming off .
You're on your way! Making positive moves.
post #7 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Worthless Garbage

My Mood: Dead
Quote:

Good job! You are making great progress. Sometimes those little milestones feel better than the weight as a number.

As for me, I'm down 12 pounds from when I started back on Weight Watchers. Only changing my diet, not exercising much yet. Don't feel any different though.
post #8 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisigv View Post
Good job! You are making great progress. Sometimes those little milestones feel better than the weight as a number.

As for me, I'm down 12 pounds from when I started back on Weight Watchers. Only changing my diet, not exercising much yet. Don't feel any different though.
You're going awesome! You'll feel it at some point soon.
post #9 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Worthless Garbage

Quote:
You're going awesome! You'll feel it at some point soon.
I really hope so. After today, I could really use some motivation. Thank you.
post #10 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Permanently Banned

I'm sorry for your tough day. Considering my emotional eating, I understand completely.
Quote:
post #11 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 03:45 AM
Permanently Banned

Start - 228.6 (My start on 3/26)
Prior Week - 204.4
Current - 202.2

Motoring along. Still difficult to know how much of this is diet vs the newly added exercise. Sadly, I do live in fear of eating these days because I don't want to lose any ground. I strained my back last night so don't know what that'll mean for my jogging this week. Oh well, each week can't be perfect, though next week I have a 3 day business trip with 3 nights of travel. That'll be the real test.
post #12 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Tired

My weight weirdly went up to 96kg first few days, down to 95.3 atm. I am actually looking a little slimmer weirdly. Have gained a lot of muscle so things aren't anywhere near as bad as i thought. My weight typically fluctuates anywhere up to 2kg around this range.

Mini goal of 90kg .

Also its really hard converting to kg lol.

Quote:

Good job

Don't sweat not exercising (pun intended). It's unnecessary. If you don't enjoy it then forget it for now and concentrate on diet. (lost 150lbs without any exercise). It just isn't for some people.

Quote:
If you have a bad eating day, remember it's only one day. We tend to think in absolutes dieting, "I have ruined it now". And it doesn't help that if we overeat our bodies tend to retain water and send our weight temporarily skyrocketing.

But when you add up the calories, even if you mess up massively, all you can add possibly is like 1/2 a lb of fat. So my two bits of advice:

1. Don't ever weigh after you eat a lot by accident. Leave it 4 days or so.
2. The damage isn't done by the single day, its done by thinking "its all over now" or some such, and doing it again over subsequent days

Glad to have you posting here.

Quote:
Start - 228.6 (My start on 3/26)
Prior Week - 204.4
Current - 202.2

Motoring along. Still difficult to know how much of this is diet vs the newly added exercise. Sadly, I do live in fear of eating these days because I don't want to lose any ground. I strained my back last night so don't know what that'll mean for my jogging this week. Oh well, each week can't be perfect, though next week I have a 3 day business trip with 3 nights of travel. That'll be the real test.
Sorry to hear about the back mate, my spine is a ****ing mess lol.

It's actually good as well to have planned diet breaks in preparation for the maintenance phase, few days, or a week, or even two, worth considering at some point.. Interesting read about it here: https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-lo...et-break.html/
post #13 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Worthless Garbage

@splendidbob Thanks, appreciate your advice. My problem right now is convincing myself that this is all worth it. It's not going so well.
post #14 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 09:13 AM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
post #15 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Tired

Quote:
@splendidbob Thanks, appreciate your advice. My problem right now is convincing myself that this is all worth it. It's not going so well.
It's a difficult one to answer, because it all depends on you and how you feel.

If you will only ever be happy with an unreachable goal then maybe that needs working on first. I mean if you aren't really going to be happy weight / body wise, then likely the motivation wont be there. But if you can honestly say to yourself "I will be happy at x weight, and that is achievable", then its only a matter of short term vs long term.

I say only a matter, but that isn't an easy thing . So it's kinda, if you could, tomorrow make yourself a certain weight (your target), and you know you would feel more comfortable and happy at that weight, then you know it's what you want, really.

If you don't think it would make much difference, then, more "meh". But, if you have depression, then that can be interfering with what you want, and how you see yourself and all of that.

I can only speak for myself personally, I know that I will feel a lot happier with myself if I can get rid of the last 20-30 lbs. I kinda know what that will do for me:

1. Women will find me a lot more attractive. That sounds crass maybe, but there isn't anything wrong with that.

2. People will treat me better / differently. As I lose that last bit, my body shape will change dramatically (much more of a v taper). I want to see how that pans out

3. I will be able to wear things like shirts and tuck them in and not feel self conscious (this is a surprisingly big thing).

4. I will be able to buy more expensive / stylish clothes because that will be my final weight (give or take) and I won't be jumping from large to 2xl (seriously, its ****ing annoying that this happens over the space of 15lbs).

Those things are more valuable to me than short term eating.

The thing with short term vs long term and weight, food is a pitiful drug . The "high" it gives is mostly the anticipation, all you really tend to get at the time is a feeling of guilt and disappointment (which weirdly fuels the overeating the next time).

Not sure if this will annoy you / others, it's a difficult thing to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
What part of the day are people at their lightest?
Not sure tbh, i only weigh in the morning. I imagine that as you drink more liquids weight would go up, but not sure.
post #16 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Tired

Update on body fat estimates.

I just bothered to set up my bull**** scales which measure body fat. Came up with 15.9% or thereabouts.

So found an old spreadsheet with caliper readings and did my best to replicate:

From the spreadsheet:

Lightest:
193lbs approximately 1 year ago,
Body fat 14%
Lean Mass 165.7lbs

Current,
209.3lbs
Body fat 15%
Lean Mass 177.9lbs

Aiming at 190ish again.
post #17 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Tired

End of week 1.

Weight 207.6 lbs. 2.4lbs drop. Feeling like **** today lol, very fatigued as I am still struggling to get to sleep.

Calories this week:
2882, 2728, 3568, 2680, 2464, 2704, 3113

Average: 2887

No idea on calorie burn from exercise, but it's probably very high. 300-800 per day I imagine.

Aiming for sub 2500 calorie average.
post #18 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 05:11 AM
Permanently Banned

Nice loss! I'm impressed with your calorie intake. I'm so fearful of gain, I'm sure I'm very restricted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidbob View Post
End of week 1.

Weight 207.6 lbs. 2.4lbs drop. Feeling like **** today lol, very fatigued as I am still struggling to get to sleep.

Calories this week:
2882, 2728, 3568, 2680, 2464, 2704, 3113

Average: 2887

No idea on calorie burn from exercise, but it's probably very high. 300-800 per day I imagine.

Aiming for sub 2500 calorie average.
post #19 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 05:14 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Good luck with your weight loss journeys everyone been trying my best with this too I hope you all get the results you want!

Improve, Grow, Learn, Think....Freedom
post #20 of 678 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 05:23 AM
Fear Veteran

Language: Swedish, English, Croatian
I'm starting today, once again after stopping with it a while ago.

My height is 172 cm and my weight is 75 kg (around 166 lbs). My first and most important goal is to achieve 65 kg (around 143 lbs), which is a loss of 10 kg (22 lbs). After that, we'll see. I'll try and not count that much with calories, just cut out calories and try feeling my way through it all. Trying to reduce carbs and no cheat days at all. May change things while going but until then.

I have no stress about time, especially when summer heat is already here and I'm not currently showing my body that much at all in public. So hopefully before new year but otherwise before June 1st next year.

Wish me good luck and good luck to you all.