Facepalm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Angelic
lol

While you SCREAM at your woman, there's a man, wishing he could talk softly in her ear...

While you HUMILIATE, OFFEND, & INSULT her,
there's a man flirting with her, & reminding her, how wonderful she is.

While you HURT your woman,
there's a man wishing he could show her love

While you make your woman CRY,
there's a man stealing smiles from her.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:22 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
People often ask why God allows wars & disasters etc

God gave us free will to learn from our mistakes

If he jumped in every time we screwed up what would have been the point in him giving us free will?
God does not "allow" anything. He is the CAUSE of everything, like it or not. Free will is nothing more than an idol of the heart. We screw up all the time because that is How God intended for us to be for a little while.

For the creation was subjected to futility--not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it--in the hope that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God's children. Rom 8:20-21

Only when we are set free "from the bondage of corruption" will we finally understand why it had to be this way. Till then, carry on

FAITH isn't blind. It's the EXPECTATION of things not seen. -Dave in Tenn

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
lol
What is it with you baby boomers lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
God does not "allow" anything. He is the CAUSE of everything, like it or not. Free will is nothing more than an idol of the heart. We screw up all the time because that is How God intended for us to be for a little while.

For the creation was subjected to futility--not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it--in the hope that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God's children. Rom 8:20-21

Only when we are set free "from the bondage of corruption" will we finally understand why it had to be this way. Till then, carry on
That still doesnt explain anything scientifically/mathematically lol
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Never thought about being a baby boomer Sad; but now you mention it...

While you SCREAM at your woman, there's a man, wishing he could talk softly in her ear...

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:56 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
That still doesnt explain anything scientifically/mathematically lol
So what are you looking for, a scientific theory? In science, theories never become facts. Rather, theories explain facts. In fact, when it comes to science, proving anything is an impossibility...........lol.

post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Good point Porter

post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
If God gave us free will, then what's the point of him being omnipotent? What's the point of terrorizing people with hell?

Maybe your god is a poor creator. Or maybe he's just an abusive *******. Or maybe you're just justifying a load of gob****e.

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 09:13 AM
-

Quote:
So what are you looking for, a scientific theory? In science, theories never become facts. Rather, theories explain facts. In fact, when it comes to science, proving anything is an impossibility...........lol.

So what's the theory that shows God does exist?
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 10:01 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post
I personally do not know of one. Even if there was one, theories are always subject to change.

The closest I might come to a scientific theory (not that I'm a scientist) about the existence of God would be the fact that the universe and everything in it (especially life) is just way too complex to have been made by chance. The odds that you or I exist are zero, at least according to some that have done the math's, but please, do not ask me to do math's as I barely passed it in high school.

I don't expect this little theory of mine to convince anyone, that would be stupid. It's impossible to prove God exists, it's also impossible to disprove God exists. It's up to God to prove His existence to those who do not believe.

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Huh?
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:55 PM
SAS Member

Why God...

The way I look at it is twofold. If God does exist then the way that a supreme being's cognizance would operate is so far above our own cognition it is silly to try to imagine or make sense of it. It would be similar to an ant attempting to think like a human being. It's just not possible.

Secondly, if someone purports to know the mind of God, then that translation is being done by that person. Somewhat like someone taking a small piece of binary code and translating it into speech, with all its fidelity loss of deeper meaning in that translation. Furthermore, being the self interested beings that we are, that translation can often be colored by that individuals personal beliefs and desires. It's human nature.

That's not to say that there is no value in some God-human translations. Many are just necessary social constructs that prevent unnecessary conflict and provide existential punishment for those who disregard the guidance.

Just remember, if you live in a 'democratic' society, that the perception of 'reality' is a constantly negotiated concept that is wholly human derived. There is no intrinsic definition of life outside of your own personal existence and the way in which you determine to perceive the world around you. You have from the time you are born until the day you die to work out your own personal perception and how you choose to relate to that perception.

It's your ticket, enjoy the ride. Don't let your existence be defined by those who would judge you by their standards or perception. That's part of their journey, you don't have to make it part of yours. You have that choice.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:26 AM
Devoted Dog Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post

Religion itself is a theory.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 03:00 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Why doesn't God have a backup plan? Humans are it? Really? He really thought this through well, didn't he? If we don't help him make all his plans work, he's screwed.

/WYSD
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Absolute Thinker

My cousin said God gave her food and money, then contradicted herself about saying people are evil. I know my cousin meaning of God speaks about receiving social support from people that can come in a form of friends, family, strangers fake intentions, but from a source? How can the social support from God Mind followers no longer show proper behavior, when a fellow God Mind Follower praise to God. I don't see no President or Pope in the favor of God rules of managing the citizens, only the robotic observer running the rules of President and Pope task 24/7.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers designing citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.