"Come in Tuesday at 3pm for the interview," said the manager. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

"Come in Tuesday at 3pm for the interview," said the manager.

When I got to the store, the employees said the manager wasn't there and there were no interviews scheduled for today. I haven't been able to get in touch with them at all.

I'm used to employers implicitly rejecting applicants with non-answers, but this is a new level of BS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 02:45 PM
womfn

Lame. Same thing happened to me years ago. I was so mad. I don't know how a business could be so unprofessional and unorganized. And I felt dumb too. They looked at me like I was stupid.

Turned out in my case that the manager was relocated to a different store and she never told anyone about the interview with me. And I guess they weren't hiring because they didn't offer to interview me since I was there.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caelle View Post
Lame. Same thing happened to me years ago. I was so mad. I don't know how a business could be so unprofessional and unorganized. And I felt dumb too. They looked at me like I was stupid.

Turned out in my case that the manager was relocated to a different store and she never told anyone about the interview with me. And I guess they weren't hiring because they didn't offer to interview me since I was there.
It's such a double standard. Employees and applicants have to call, keep in touch, etc, but employers do whatever they want. I guess it's life, but it's frustrating.

The employees were at least nice and tried to figure out what was going on. I hated sitting there and feeling like I was in their way. At one point I thought maybe there was another location, but nope it's the only store in town.

This place had a hiring sign and everything but I don't know if I should reschedule if the manager gets back to me.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 01:36 PM
SAS Member

Happened to me once too, due to the fact that two different managers tried to fill the same position and they apparently didn't talk to each other.
When I showed up nobody expected me. I felt soo awkward, one of the worst expiriences. I ran from there and never went back.

English is not my first language - please excuse any possible errors
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 02:09 PM
blob

omg that suxxx!!! this is what i hate about job hunting. the lack of communication between management is unbelievable. theyre supposed to be running a professional business for cryin out loud
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 01:55 AM
ghostly

This happened to me before when i first applied to jobs years ago. it was a recruitment agency advertising a temp job, and i even wore formal clothes and took an hours train ride. When i got there, the person was on leave or something. The fact that i wore formal clothes was the worst, because no one ever wears formal for these temp job interviews.

since then, i wear casual to all temp job interviews and message them before i leave my house to make sure they know im coming.

believe in urself