Ever had a coworker leave and you felt sad? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Ever had a coworker leave and you felt sad?

As in leave the job. What should I do? Im upset. I work at an elementary school after school daycare and I worked nearly every weekday this school year with my coworker who is about 5 years older than me. She never told me she wasn't going to be there next year, the supervisor told me on nearly the last day of the school year. I could have cried right then. I cried after work. I haven't expressed my disappointment because I don't want to come off desperate to her.

We don't really talk and she doesn't appear open to hang out with me (because once I was having problems and we met up at a coffee shop and she said we shouldn't really be meeting up because we're coworkers). She listened to my problems when we talked at the coffee shop a few times. I kind of have a crush on her (I'm a girl). She knows I'm gay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 07:10 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Yeah there was one girl that I had a little crush on. We used to always hangout together on our breaks and talk. I asked her out, but she rejected me. One day, she just simply stopped showing up to work and that was the last I ever heard from her. I actually felt a sense of loss and grief for a few days.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 07:24 PM
SAS Member

Yes, I have had a huge crush on a girl for the last year and a half. She left in January, giving everyone two weeks notice in an email. I really miss her, I feel like I've lost a family member. I remember watching the news coverage of flight 370 and seeing the grieving families and feeling like I understood how exactly how they felt. She was good looking, but it was something about her voice that just stopped me in my tracks. For good or bad, she has some videos of herself on youtube so I guess I'll always be able to hear her voice. It makes it harder to move on though.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Big Boo's Haunt

Yeah, when my coworker (who was in charge of what I did, but technically wasn't my boss) moved to a different team I was initially upset. Not even a crush situation.

**** you and your mandatory custom signature.