I Cancelled an interview. My family and friends hate me now...so do I - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I Cancelled an interview. My family and friends hate me now...so do I

I got my first job interview ever in my 24 years of life for tomorrow but cancelled just now. I got invited a week ago and I started preparing (looking at the company,their values, job description, practiced about at least 30 something question)

but yet I still could not do it. my head feels empty. i tried to do a mock by myself, and I could not even answer the question. i was blank. i even stick inteview questions around my room so that it gets in my head but yet ........

i had a mock interview during my college with the lecturers part of the module i took. and i did bad. i could not answer the question (eventhough its related to my degree), i blanked and my answer sounded so dumb. i feel thats the start of "interview fear".

I did have a difficullities when speaking with others (outside interview), my words gets all jumbled up and i start stuttering. but with time i did improve and i enjoy talking with ppl but sometimes if its in a serious situation, i freeze.

but now i dont know what to do with my life. i graduated last year. now 6 months of doing nothing. my cv has a gap now. i cant get a part time work cause i live with my parents and their house is really far away from anything. i just got my license last month and i got no car either so i cant go anywhere....when i told my parents..they were mad. my dad mentioned its just an interview, you may pass or fail, you would never know till u try. n i know that i tell my self that, but i couldnt do it. my friends were disspointed as well. i let everyone down.

i sent my dad a message saying that i'll get a job it just take time longer than the average person but i will get a job. he has not reply yet. i guess his mad.

i really want to get a job that related to my degree. its environmental sciences and i really like it. i feel so lost. i get nervous in everything i do. even for driving i was so nervous after 2 classes and cancelled the next class. but i went to the following one and my nervousness dissapeared. im hoping it is the same for this.

i just cant stop crying. i feel like a failure. i sometimes dont see a future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:13 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
How much of this was anticipatory anxiety? It's ALWAYS worse than the actual event. This very thing happened to me during my initial months after college. I sucked it up and used the energy for the other interviews.

The mock interview would be pretty close to what you have. For me, it was weird. As a Computer Science guy, I had like five job interviews and each one had more people interviewing me.

I can tell you that there are things (actually a lot of things) interviewers cannot do, so you are actually pretty safe. If you don't get the job, it's on them. You can be only you and what you have to offer.

My first job offer was a contract position was affiliated with NASA in Cleveland of all things. It was interesting. Moving three hours away with anxiety.....wasn't ready to do it, so I declined the one-year contract.

I landed a job three months later closer to home.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:36 AM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
some peoples idea of helping you is to berate you. there are a lot of "helpful" people out there.

you're allowed to do stupid stuff because you're scared. just keep trying.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
some peoples idea of helping you is to berate you. there are a lot of "helpful" people out there.

you're allowed to do stupid stuff because you're scared. just keep trying.
I am trying to help.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:18 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post