I need to get a job... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I need to get a job...

I totally feel like I am so not ready to get one, mentally but I feel like I have no choice. I'm 18, a girl, never had a job. Only completed year 10 or 11 because of my anxiety I honestly don't know. I started a diploma course this year but dropped out after 2 months. Only have 3 days experience at a childcare place. Only have one certificate in IT. I have absolutely nothing to put on my resume and it's embarrassing. I also have to go hand them out... I rarely leave my house as it is does anyone have some advice for me? Will I even be able to get a job?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 11:38 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Twisted
search human resources or visit employment agency.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Reposed in awesomeness...

You're still young. Don't worry so much. It is difficult going out into the world and selling yourself wheb you have SA. It's even more difficult when you are older and have screwed up chance after chance.

I just started working as a construction site labourer 3 weeks ago after 5 years out of work. At the start of the summer I got a few gardening jobs by advertising on gumtree but with no van and only my grandads tools and only having basic gardening knowledge it was a non-starter. But it was a success in so far as I actually went to peoples houses and talked to them and told them how much I would charge, etc. I was terrified. I had practically been a hermit for 4 years.

You still have time to figure out where you are going and make a plan. Surely you can return to education. If you need medication to help you thru it then why not. Do what you have to but don't beat yourself up about being in your situation, firstly, because it isn't that bad a situation to be in and secondly, because it wont help you get out of the situation. Try to think positively about yourself...

I am currently reposed on a stratum of my own pure abstract awesomeness(cubed)...

Diphenidine and ethylphenidate FTW!

Social anxiety can bite my arse...