I quit my job because of SA... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I quit my job because of SA...

This is probably going to sound really stupid, even though we're in the same boat here. I started a summer job a few weeks ago and was really excited for it. But my boss put me in a remote corner of the office where I don't see anybody all day. My work is also very independent so I'm not working in a team. I tried going to lunch the first few days and socialize with the people but they are all > 35 and after the normal questions were exhausted (how long are you here, what are you doing, where you go to school) I had nothing to say to them. So the following weeks I even stopped going to lunch and just went outside for a walk but being isolated was really killing me. I don't like working in large loud spaces but in the same time I don't want to feel like a prisoner with nobody to even say hi to. So I said to my boss that I found another job and left. And now, I'm at home, regretting my decision. I should probably have been more outgoing and sociable...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 11:11 PM
SAS Member

Hard but I think you will do yourself a lot of good to still find people you can talk to. I don't think we are meant to be lone wolves...

How I beat my anxiety and worry by changing my thinking.
Here is my story.