******* Manager Fired Me - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Asleep

******* Manager Fired Me

He emailed me to let me know that my services had been terminated because my teaching skills were not a match to the company and that they needed teachers with more experience and reliable internet connection. I asked him to explain and I got an even more vague reply about students not happy with my teaching etc. Ever since I started working since teenage years, I always seem to fall out of favour with coworkers and managers after a while. I just keep trying hard to make something of myself but I always encounter something that knocks me right out. I quit my previous jobs because I couldn't stand people treating me badly and this is actually the first time I have been fired.

I am feeling very depressed and angry! Now that I am unemployed, I don't know how I will start looking for work or how I will make money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Gentle Impulsion

My Mood: Angelic
How long were you working there? I'm terribly sorry that you were fired, that's no fun at all. You never know, maybe the closing of this door is really just opening up a better one. You may find the best job you've ever had.

Flowers in her hair
Demons in her head
Drugs in her veins
Madness in her mind
Love in her soul
Storm in her heart
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 11:53 AM
SAS Member

That sucks so much bro. Hope you can find something better.

Open my eyes wide to see
A moment of clarity
Confusion gone, it's in your hands
Your turn to ask why

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Asleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgz View Post
How long were you working there? I'm terribly sorry that you were fired, that's no fun at all. You never know, maybe the closing of this door is really just opening up a better one. You may find the best job you've ever had.
I had only been working there for 4 months. Thanks for the kind words. I really needed that . I am hoping to find something better soon.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:15 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgz View Post
Agreed. Sometimes these awful things, when something else comes along for you, turn out to be good things
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 04:54 PM
I'm not Dead...Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomwave View Post
He emailed me to let me know that my services had been terminated because my teaching skills were not a match to the company and that they needed teachers with more experience and reliable internet connection. I asked him to explain and I got an even more vague reply about students not happy with my teaching etc. Ever since I started working since teenage years, I always seem to fall out of favour with coworkers and managers after a while. I just keep trying hard to make something of myself but I always encounter something that knocks me right out. I quit my previous jobs because I couldn't stand people treating me badly and this is actually the first time I have been fired.

I am feeling very depressed and angry! Now that I am unemployed, I don't know how I will start looking for work or how I will make money.
I bolded that part because that's what's happening at my current job as well.

I feel like it's only a matter of time before the manager just makes up an excuse of why they don't need me anymore, but thankfully, he's still one of the few that still stands by me, and he appears to not care what my co-workers think unless my production slips anyway, but who knows how long that will last...

At my last job though, I got nuked as a direct result of my SA/lack of social skills mainly because I got mildly injured and he interpreted my crap social skills/lack of confidence as me lying, so I know what you're going through

The only thing I can suggest is to maybe try looking into a career that doesn't require everyone to be a social savant like a truck driver or something similar.

If my current job fails or I have to quit, that's what I'm going to look into.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:14 AM
SAS Member

I am sorry to hear about your firing, venomwave.

I have been in that same situation where I was working part-time at a skilled nursing facility in the past, where the director and HR manager didn't like me filing a lot of complaints against co-workers and the way they were mistreating some of the residents. Basically, on the 90th day of my probation period, the HR manager called me into her office, and gave me a termination letter. I wanted to crumple that piece of paper, wipe my *****, and throw the wad at her face. That's how pissed off I was, and I am pretty sure you're just as, if not, more pissed off/angry than I was.

However, as others here have mentioned, this may open up the door for better job opportunities for you!

Because in my case, although I whine about some of the managers at my company in another thread, I like the company I work for. Had it not been the firing from my other part-time job, then I wouldn't be working for my current company.

One thing though, venomwave. If you have not been working for this sh-tty teaching job for more than four to six months, I would not even list the job on your resume, when applying for other jobs.

I wish you the best of luck!