Starting a new job :( - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Starting a new job :(

I'm starting a new job and everything about it is frustrating to me.
I hate being anxious to the point where I want to cry until the thing I'm anxious about actually happens. I'm going to suffer from separation anxiety from my husband, and I just know it. We've been living off of inheritance which is dwindling down, and I spend every moment with him.I really don't want to work for the rest of my life. I know I have to, butI wish I could just travel and see the world. I don't know how I'm going to be able to do this without having problems that will put my job in danger.
I don't know what to do at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 02:51 PM
SAS Member

in what field do you work? Maybe you can do something that would distract you from anxiety like listening to music (if you workplace allows that)?
We all have to work for living, but you can try putting away some money so you can quit and go traveling one day?
Just my 2cent, sorry if I misunderstand your situation.

You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 04:51 PM
SAS Member

Anxiety is covered under The Americans with Disability Act. If you get fired because of your anxiety, you can sue their pants off.

Separation anxiety sucks. Try to get a picture of you and your husband together to keep with you, so you can look at it when you're having a hard time. If you can work for 21 consecutive days, successfully, you will have formed a nice habit of being able to be away from your husband for however long you're at work.

You can start now, so it's easier. Try to spend at least an hour a day away from your husband--for 21 days straight. If you mess up, the 21 days will have to start over, but trust me..in the long run, you'll be thankful!

I used to think I had separation anxiety from my boyfriend. He'd be at work from 7:30Am to 5:45PM, and sometimes he'd be able to come home on his lunch break. I thought his coming home for an hour and then leaving again was really hard on me, until I figured out that I was feeding off of his dog's separation anxiety, and just didn't like being in a strange apartment by myself all day.

Now, I spend more time alone while he's at work, but I enjoy the time alone because I can come on this forum and get help without him reading things over my shoulder!

I promise that it gets better, and it gets easier. Having a job will be good for your self-esteem, and learning how to do it on your own will help you grow better as a person!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Do not let your anxiety get in the way,it will ruin it for you. Look forward to it,not only will you be getting experience,you will be getting money as well.