Upcoming job interview - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Upcoming job interview

I have an upcoming job interview this Monday and I'm nervous. It's for sales and marketing. Why would someone with social anxiety apply for sales and marketing? Simple. I need the money. Financial aid is not completely covering college costs. I'm 23 and this is going to be my first job (I've managed to hide from life pretty well) if the interview goes well.

I fear I'm gonna be a nervous wreck going into the job interview.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Tell me more

glassdoor.com

Helped me get my job. You'll be fine; interviewers won't bite. Well... unless they've taken bath salts or something. Oh and remember to practice and rehearse your answers over and over again. It'll become automatic when the question or similar type of question comes up. You can also practice psyching yourself up. They say if you stand like superman (chest up and strong, hands on hips) and smile real wide for a couple of minutes, it helps with your confidence!! Silly but it works. At least for me... hehe
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodies0fLife View Post
glassdoor.com

Helped me get my job. You'll be fine; interviewers won't bite. Well... unless they've taken bath salts or something. Oh and remember to practice and rehearse your answers over and over again. It'll become automatic when the question or similar type of question comes up. You can also practice psyching yourself up. They say if you stand like superman (chest up and strong, hands on hips) and smile real wide for a couple of minutes, it helps with your confidence!! Silly but it works. At least for me... hehe
Thanks for the advice.

But I'm gonna cancel this job interview. I did some research on this business on Google and found a lot of complaints about this business about how the job is far different than what employers say.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Tell me more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
Thanks for the advice.

But I'm gonna cancel this job interview. I did some research on this business on Google and found a lot of complaints about this business about how the job is far different than what employers say.
Aw really? You should go to the interview anyways, even if you don't want to accept the job. It's good practice for future interviews!! Besides that, you never know for sure about the business unless you've experience and seen it with your own eyes.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodies0fLife View Post
Aw really? You should go to the interview anyways, even if you don't want to accept the job. It's good practice for future interviews!! Besides that, you never know for sure about the business unless you've experience and seen it with your own eyes.
Well the interview came and went and I didn't go. I couldn't even call to cancel FML.

This was partly due to me having a messed up sleep schedule since my mattress apparently has taken a dislike to my back.