What is the most dreaded question people can ask you in a conversation? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 04:26 AM
In Liquidation

Where do you see yourself "x" years from now?

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:34 AM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
still makes me uncomfortable to tell people what i do for a living...

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:50 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
For me it's this one. What are you doing in life, what are your plans?
It happens more than you think especially during job interviews. I never know how to answer them because I'm not doing anything and I don't have any plans either. It gets me nervous instantly. It feels like everybody in the world has this vision for themselves and they have it all planned and can see it happening in their minds.
People dream of having kids, making big trips, having promotions, have a big house, nice garden, buying this or that, going to concerts/festivals, starting a company, running marathon, lose weight, get fit etc etc
I literally have none of those, yet people expect everybody to have a vision for themselves, how they see their life and how they will achieve it.

I 'm so jealous when people suddenly see the skies clear and have an ephipany to know what to do in life. I know these guys who were aimless like me and suddenly after a holiday one of them says I'm going to be sailor and 1 year later he has succeeded, he has a life, earns money. Another one was just failing at exams all the time then suddenly decides to become a cook and now he has a restaurant. A third one I know was on the path of self destruction, having no real place to live, no money, no degree and suddenly 2 years later he has bought a house, wears fancy suits and knows nothing but success in life.

It's so weird but especially frustrating. I can't see myself ever having one of those moments where everything becomes clear. It seems I don't enjoy anything.
Don’t worry too much about their success. I see it with my old friends too. Everybody lives a different reality. Life is simply unfair and there’s nothing we can do about it. Some people end up homeless, born blind, deaf, crippled etc. At the same time, we shouldn’t say “it’s better them than me” or “at least I’m not THAT messed up” because like they say.. we all die. If it ain’t you today, it’ll be you tomorrow.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:53 AM
SAS Member

Do you have a gf? How is work? How 'well' are you doing?

Notice how no one ever bothers to ask if you're actually happy.

No one will talk to me, they tend to go. Their faces say there's something I should know
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:54 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Anyway, I hate when people ask me something that I’m opinionated about or something that I have a unique perspective on. I hate talking about my ideas, unique perspective, depth of my viewpoint and all that because there’s so much to go into and I’m a terrible talker. I’ll stutter and make no sense at all. That’s why I’d rather write it down or tell someone in a more intimate place.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:50 AM
SAS Member

Language: I speak amurrican..
Nothing really. I tell them what I want them to know.

-As always-
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 04:34 PM
SAS Member

!

Mine is "What do you like or what do you do for fun?"

First of all, my interests are very narrow and very particular, especially when looking at it from a majority perspective much less one from folks in my area.

Two, I don't go out. I haven't experienced anything extravagant. The wildest thing I can think of would be an escape room and that was only because of my job at the time.

I don't have the luxury of being able to do random stuff and my career always makes me feel like I constantly need to be doing something related to my field (i.e. staying home and doing research).

I'm willing to bet people don't look at the above and think "oh wow, what an intellectual". I figure people just stick me out to be some kind of shut-in who doesn't do anything with his life.

I just like being indoors more than I do having to go out and do things that will tire me needlessly. I don't get why I have to be social, athletic, cultured, and into things everyone else is.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 10:38 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

This afternoon at a party I've been dreading for weeks, I was asked what I do. And I had to BS my way. I said I was writing a novel, which I am, but I'm sure they wanted to know what I do for a living, which is nothing right now. I'm living off money I saved.

Please, let me have a heart attack and die in my sleep tonight.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 12:12 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Angry

desire to KILL:

HHOOOOWWW RRRR UUUU??

WHAT WHAZZ UURRR LASST JOB?

WHAT"S UR NAME
WHATS UURR ADDRESSSES???

BIRTHTDATEY
Again & Again always all day every day

WHOLE World knows everything about me
cos told to supply all way from early life always then always asked same again forever all time!

nothing twice again
not tolerated

reason for grilling all humans billion times: too many humans
suspicious mega paranoia world of every being being fake? severe disease.

cannot go or do anywhere until grilled repeatedly forever who R?

world on infinite repeat

when spit out one thing, must do again & more often. say again. then again. other thing. more times
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Brotha View Post
Life plans, so “what are your goals?”, “where do you see yourself in so many years?” & anything to do with sex or relationships
Pretty much this.

post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Dead
Probably ones like "Do you have any friends?", "Are you a virgin?" and "Do you have a boyfriend?" (Was suddenly asked these at my last job, so my coworkers could confirm and laugh at me for being one and not having one, respectively.), and most job interview questions like "What is your greatest accomplishment?".

"So many resources keep me alive
Yet I don't even step outside
So many sacrifices keep me alive
Yet I don't even bother to survive."

"If you think we waste too much then you can sacrifice yourself
Don't push your values
Push your values
Onto the crowd."

Mili
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:57 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
1. Where I want to be in 5-10 years

- It is a stupid question because I could die tomorrow...why would anyone plan so far ahead ? It's odd imo

2. What I did last weekend

- If I'm not working, I sleep and stay home on weekends for the sake of my sanity and to re-charge

3. Do I want to have kids one day

-Idk, will I ever even be in a position to contemplate that ? (Stable long term relationship, full time job, etc.)

4. Do I want to hang out and go to (insert place)

-This doesn't happen often luckily but it's stressful when does because it usually involves at least a half hour drive to some unknown place. I hate driving and have no GPS so it's a problem.

That's where the pain comes in
Like a second skeleton
Trying to fit beneath the skin
I can't fit the feelings in

-Fiona Apple
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:27 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
What is your greatest weakness or disappointment? They like to ask that one in job interviews. Not fun!
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 02:21 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
For me it's this one. What are you doing in life, what are your plans?
It happens more than you think especially during job interviews. I never know how to answer them because I'm not doing anything and I don't have any plans either. It gets me nervous instantly. It feels like everybody in the world has this vision for themselves and they have it all planned and can see it happening in their minds.
People dream of having kids, making big trips, having promotions, have a big house, nice garden, buying this or that, going to concerts/festivals, starting a company, running marathon, lose weight, get fit etc etc
I literally have none of those, yet people expect everybody to have a vision for themselves, how they see their life and how they will achieve it.

I 'm so jealous when people suddenly see the skies clear and have an ephipany to know what to do in life. I know these guys who were aimless like me and suddenly after a holiday one of them says I'm going to be sailor and 1 year later he has succeeded, he has a life, earns money. Another one was just failing at exams all the time then suddenly decides to become a cook and now he has a restaurant. A third one I know was on the path of self destruction, having no real place to live, no money, no degree and suddenly 2 years later he has bought a house, wears fancy suits and knows nothing but success in life.

It's so weird but especially frustrating. I can't see myself ever having one of those moments where everything becomes clear. It seems I don't enjoy anything.
Exactly my thoughts. I hate that question too. I envy the people that know what they want. I don’t know what to do with my life and I’m only getting older. I’ve been working at a Amazon warehouse, as a low level employee, for two years and recently two of the higher-ups asked me that dreaded question. I just old them “idk I’m just here because I need to pay my bills” and they seemed satisfied with that answer. I wish I could climb to a higher position here but all the people making the big bucks here are very extroverted and have great social skills.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:59 AM
SAS Member

Im sure this has been said but "What do you like doing for fun?" is usually awkward for me. I sit at home, play with my cats and work. Not my idea of fun but thats my boring *** life Im living.

So come rain on my parade
'Cause I want to feel it
Come shove me over the edge
'Cause my head is in overdrive
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:11 AM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication
Yeh, it's the "Where do you see yourself in x years?" "What's your life plans?"

Like bish, you must have your whole life planned out huh?

Oh and then "What's your dream?", but then you tell them what you want to be and they judge you lmao. Oh the best part is when some of the people you told, a few years down the track start telling you to pursue that dream and "go for it!" and it's like wtf bish, before u telling me i'm some inferior shrimpy and now you fking want me enter college and do all dis and dat.

Honestly so annoying, if I ever become successful or a bombshell babe I'm going to be rolling my eyes till my brain and 100x more jaded than I am now at people.

“I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy.”
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 03:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lurking
Tell me an interesting fact about yourself? - I just wish the ground would swallow me up when someone asks me this

What do you do for a living? - bit awkward when you're currently unemployed

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 04:24 PM
CWe
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
The typical questions that you'd expect (sigh)

post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 05:10 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
"What have you been up to?"

A girl has no signature.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
"How are yu?"