Why do you continue to live? - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Una imposibilidad yestoqu
 
coeur_brise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Language: Luuvvvv
Posts: 6,942
I dont know. It very well could be the masochist in me. But, I don't wanna get dark. I always think there's a better way, that I've got to feel better somehow. Maybe its finding meaningful work, maybe its discovering new music. Maybe its having sexual relations only to be majorly disappointed by it. Or vice versa. Some ideal out of reach. I do want to travel someday. Maybe I'll go on a travel and be disappointed. Or vice versa with that one too. Absolutely.
coeur_brise is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 PM
Changeless
 
kesker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ricola
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,484
My Mood: Worried
I continue to live for everything. I want it all. I think the fantasy of believing keeps me going to a certain extent.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

“I'm very polite by nature, even the voices in my head let each other finish their sentences.”
― Graham Parke, Unspent Time
kesker is offline  
post #63 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:17 PM
What Now?
 
BehindtheScenes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rotting Away
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 4,290
My Mood: Pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I'm an uncle and I hate kids. I don't claim them as my whatever they are. I just kinda try to pretend they don't exist.
Yeah, I most likely won't be having kids due to various reasons and have no idea what kind of aunt I will be--especially since I've never been close with any of my relatives throughout life anyway [location wise and emotion wise]. Hopefully, you don't have to put up with yours on a frequent basis. Definitely makes a huge difference when you don't live close to them either.
BehindtheScenes is offline  
 
post #64 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 01:06 AM
SAS Member
 
BraceForImpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Age: 26
Posts: 23
It's the little things. How will I see how DA4 turns out if I'm dead? Go on a long train journey? Finish and start more writing projects? Develop my art skills? Get a driver's licence? Feel the sense of achievement when I've managed to make a phone call?

Probably sounds pathetic to a lot of people but it keeps me going, keeps me stubborn.
BraceForImpact is offline  
post #65 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 03:54 PM
SAS Member
 
iust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Central Valley
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
To seek happiness and be revealed suffering

Late Bloomer or Dead Man, idk
iust is offline  
post #66 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:01 AM
Dog Lover
 
Entrensik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Colorado
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Posts: 1,433
My Mood: Cold

Why do you continue to live?


As I've mentioned in previous threads

3. Because I can't kill myself.

2. My ”Ultimate Goals”:

•To give it everything I got regardless of outcome
•To find peace through understanding

1. I live for the progress that I've made.

Every time I'm able to push myself to do something new or difficult it motivates me to do more. I live by a personal mantra that says ”as long as depression doesn't kill me or hold me back, I'm gonna figure this out” and I truly believe this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live for the progress that you've made.
Entrensik is offline  
post #67 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:54 AM
A Dead Rose
 
rayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Saudi Arabia
Language: Arabic, English
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
As they say it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem in most cases.
suicide isn't a solution at all, when you have a problem like for example depression, you want not to feel depressed, well when you are dead you can't have the feeling of not being depressed, not sure what to call it.

last thing, all of our problems are temporary even the permanent ones.
rayan is offline  
post #68 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:57 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 48
Posts: 4,397
I just thought of a reason: new food. Pizza to be more specific.
Yer Blues is offline  
post #69 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:08 PM
SAS Member
 
8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Language: English
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,347
I get depressed sometimes but my volunteer work keeps me going since I am helping people and making the world a better place.
8888 is offline  
post #70 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:01 PM
In Liquidation
 
Blue Dino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,956
Holding out a glimmer of hope that I will be able to acquire and enjoy as many good moments/memories before the end.


Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
Blue Dino is offline  
post #71 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 12:24 AM
.
 
iAmCodeMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Posts: 11,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8888 View Post
I get depressed sometimes but my volunteer work keeps me going since I am helping people and making the world a better place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
Holding out a glimmer of hope that I will be able to acquire and enjoy as many good moments/memories before the end.
Me in a nutshell.

...
iAmCodeMonkey is offline  
post #72 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 12:30 AM
Born Of Blotmonađ
 
Canadian Brotha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over Yonder
Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Posts: 17,449
My Mood: Cynical
Canadian Brotha is offline  
post #73 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 12:35 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier
 
twitchy666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berkshire
Language: ASCII, T-SQL
Gender: Male
Age: 43
Posts: 7,961
My Mood: Angry
Angry

do you

do you do you do you do you do you

just keep dooo'innnngggg yerrrself COS every mammal of planet earth DOES!! so do you do you do you do you UPP
twitchy666 is offline  
post #74 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:32 AM
SAS Member
 
Post_Punk_Proclivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
What health problems do you have? I can probably help. I'm a "health" type. You can PM me about it if you'd like it to be personal.
Chronic inflammation around my body and weak blood vessel/ aneurysm. If there is a drug that can kickstart fibroblasts into replenishing elastin integrity in the extracellular matrix of the tunica media or you know of something similar that would have a similar effect, then you may be able to help me by suggesting it.

Otherwise I don't like my chances of you being able to help.

No one will talk to me, they tend to go. Their faces say there's something I should know
Post_Punk_Proclivity is offline  
post #75 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 03:29 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post_Punk_Proclivity View Post
Chronic inflammation around my body and weak blood vessel/ aneurysm. If there is a drug that can kickstart fibroblasts into replenishing elastin integrity in the extracellular matrix of the tunica media or you know of something similar that would have a similar effect, then you may be able to help me by suggesting it.

Otherwise I don't like my chances of you being able to help.
Ok from what I know, a hp (high potency) fish oil, helps with inflammation and a 'fluid blood vessel' but you said you had 'weak' blood vessel/aneurysm (what do you mean by weak blood vessel) so I don't know, it confuses me bc aneurysm seems to indicate that you need a fluid blood vessel while a weak blood vessel seems to indicate that you need some cholesterol for integrity to strengthen it. The fish oil would help with lowering the bad cholesterol and increasing the good cholesterol and it should be in a dark glass container as it is 'heat and light sensitive'. 1 tsp is the usual dose but if you have a condition then probably 1 tablespoon would be a good dose. Other things you could do is to eat good fats in your diet instead of transfats ie. like avocados, extra-virgin olive oil (you can google 'foods with good fats'). And if you're cooking you should use something like avocado oil or other oils that are not heat sensitive or else you'll be ruining the oil structure into a transfat. Then you can add extra-virgin olive oil onto your food. Some cholesterol is good for you as it has its benefits for example keeping integrity of the blood vessel.

Turmeric= reduces inflammation! but I'm not sure about the weak blood vessel thing. you can get a supplement of turmeric from a health store. You definitely have potential to heal. Do it right away. I recommend that you see a naturopathic doctor. They can help you and you can take my recommendations to them or you can try going to the health store and they have either naturopathic doctors or holistic nutritionists that can help you choose a helpful product and explain things to you. That's our mission, to continue to live. Wish you well wishes.
lily is offline  
post #76 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 04:19 PM
SAS Member
 
Post_Punk_Proclivity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
Ok from what I know, a hp (high potency) fish oil, helps with inflammation and a 'fluid blood vessel' but you said you had 'weak' blood vessel/aneurysm (what do you mean by weak blood vessel) so I don't know, it confuses me bc aneurysm seems to indicate that you need a fluid blood vessel while a weak blood vessel seems to indicate that you need some cholesterol for integrity to strengthen it. The fish oil would help with lowering the bad cholesterol and increasing the good cholesterol and it should be in a dark glass container as it is 'heat and light sensitive'. 1 tsp is the usual dose but if you have a condition then probably 1 tablespoon would be a good dose. Other things you could do is to eat good fats in your diet instead of transfats ie. like avocados, extra-virgin olive oil (you can google 'foods with good fats'). And if you're cooking you should use something like avocado oil or other oils that are not heat sensitive or else you'll be ruining the oil structure into a transfat. Then you can add extra-virgin olive oil onto your food. Some cholesterol is good for you as it has its benefits for example keeping integrity of the blood vessel.

Turmeric= reduces inflammation! but I'm not sure about the weak blood vessel thing. you can get a supplement of turmeric from a health store. You definitely have potential to heal. Do it right away. I recommend that you see a naturopathic doctor. They can help you and you can take my recommendations to them or you can try going to the health store and they have either naturopathic doctors or holistic nutritionists that can help you choose a helpful product and explain things to you. That's our mission, to continue to live. Wish you well wishes.
I eat fish twice a week and take a high concentration curcumin supplement daily. I've tried everything including all manner of changes of diet, sleep habit, exercise and have only gotten steadily worse. As per my research and as I've alluded to, I need something that is going to target fibroblast activity and help the blood vessels re-establish elastin/ fibrilin/ collagen balance. The issue is not with the inner endothelial layer of the blood vessels but rather the middle smooth muscle cell layers. Unfortunately those cells cease to be active after we stop growing, so important research could be tipped into this area to prevent millions of people from dying of heart-attack and stroke related deaths each year.

No one will talk to me, they tend to go. Their faces say there's something I should know
Post_Punk_Proclivity is offline  
post #77 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:07 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post_Punk_Proclivity View Post
I eat fish twice a week and take a high concentration curcumin supplement daily. I've tried everything including all manner of changes of diet, sleep habit, exercise and have only gotten steadily worse. As per my research and as I've alluded to, I need something that is going to target fibroblast activity and help the blood vessels re-establish elastin/ fibrilin/ collagen balance. The issue is not with the inner endothelial layer of the blood vessels but rather the middle smooth muscle cell layers. Unfortunately those cells cease to be active after we stop growing, so important research could be tipped into this area to prevent millions of people from dying of heart-attack and stroke related deaths each year.
hi, I really think you should see a naturopathic doctor for this as I'm not a doctor but I've read some books and online things. I think as they know science and have studied various things that they can help you. I offered advice on Omega fish oil and Turmeric as my mom used to have arthritis in the finger joints (arthri 'tis'= inflammation) and after she took hp (high potency) Omega fish oil and Turmeric supplement (spice) she didn't have it anymore. Some people would think that natural ingredients or things don't work but if your body is natural it should have natural things working on the right structured cellular level unless it's an emergency. I also wonder if you took a good brand hp Omega fish oil in a dark glass container and you should also get one in a small bottle as it would be fresher and you could finish it better by the due date. I also wonder about you taking it only twice a week instead of daily. I'm not sure about that though bc I still don't know about the weak blood vessel you're talking about but I still think that the Omega fish oil is on the right track from what I explained and especially when you talked about aneurysm which is a blockage and you want it to be cleared up, bad cholesterol to be cleared up. enough exercise definitely helps. your body needs to circulate so congratulations for doing it, hopefully not just a little bit. If your finances are low, you can still try going to a health store to ask a naturopath or holistic nutritionist there and state your condition/issue and see if they can help you. All the best
lily is offline  
post #78 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:12 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 739
Also I forgot to tell you about vitamin C supplement, that helps with collagen, and you should eat fruits (ie. oranges and the white fibre around it and organic berries, etc) and vegetables for anti-oxidants! Good luck!
lily is offline  
post #79 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:19 PM
May The Force Be With You
 
Ckg2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wheeling WV
Gender: Male
Age: 36
Posts: 11,321
My Mood: Crappy
I don't know, I'm so scared of everything. I'm just i don't know what I am. Sad i guess, I will with sad, so very very very very sad.

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy little lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!
Ckg2011 is offline  
post #80 of 102 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:25 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Language: English
Posts: 739
@Post_Punk_Proclivity , And drink lots of filtered water to flush out the toxins!
lily is offline  
Reply




Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome